Amazing and interesting facts about human body. Interesting eyes facts, amazing body facts, hair facts, bones facts, blood facts, and many other human body facts. Interesting and strange things about human body. Interesting Human Brain Facts
● Women are twice as likely to be diagnosed with depression than men in the United States.
● From all the oxygen that a human breathes, twenty percent goes to the brain.
● People who ride on roller coasters have a higher chance of having a blood clot in the brain.
● Once a human reaches the age of 35, he/she will start losing approximately 7,000 brain cells a day. The cells will never be replaced.
● It is not possible to tickle yourself. The cerebellum, a part of the brain, warns the rest of the brain that you are about to tickle yourself. Since your brain knows this, it ignores the resulting sensation.
● A women from Berlin Germany has had 3,110 gallstones taken out of her gall bladder.
● The brain of an adult human weighs around 3 pounds (1.5 kg). Although it makes up just 2% of the body’s weight, it uses around 20% of its energy.
● The human brain is protected by the skull (cranium), a protective casing made up of 22 bones that are joined together.
● The human brain is over three times as big as the brain of other mammals that are of similar body size.
● In America, the most common mental illness is Anxiety Disorders.